Payanywhere - Charged fees 1 YEAR LATER

Through no fault of my own, I recently had a charge from (Global Payments) for approximately $140 .I spent over 2 hours on the phone tracking the unauthorized charge.

I finally got through to a cs rep that said that they were "Pay Anywhere transaction fees for transactions from last month" (meaning May). I informed them that I had no cc transactions last month... she then said, "Oh, these appear to be fees for transactions from May of 2014" (A year ago!?!)... I was told that they just had not deducted them from the deposits into my account back then and they were doing it now.

I told them that I was declining the transaction via my bank and that the charge would be reversed as I had not authorized it, nor had I seen ANY statement, email, mailed notice, etc. that they were planning to do this and had screwed up. I have since today gotten an emailed copy of some statement and a computer screen shot with a note done on it with Microsoft Paint Shop (professional right? lol) from back then which means nothing to me.

The statement and screenshot do not show any fees that should have been taken out that weren't, so as far as I am concerned, they have no recourse... I can't go back to a customer after a year and say "Oh, sorry, I forgot to charge you for something so I'm going to do it now"... much less, just go ahead and charge their card on file... I am shocked and at a loss of what to do.

I feel it is their error and after a year, they need to just 'eat' it.

Many times I have received emails telling me "We miss you" No fees for your next $5000 in transactions (I don't have many cc transactions in a year).Any thoughts?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Interest Rate
Additional Fees

• What I liked
    • Low transaction fee
  • What I disliked
    • Charged fees a year later

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Credit Card Transaction
Review category
review #645573 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Payanywhere? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 04, 2015 #1073846

Will charge you a monthly fee if you arnt using it with no way to cancel your account. Incredibly unprofessional, criminal in my mind, this is a real low life operation you should avoid!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Payanywhere. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Payanywhere.
Filing a new complaint about