Through no fault of my own, I recently had a charge from (Global Payments) for approximately $140 .I spent over 2 hours on the phone tracking the unauthorized charge.
I finally got through to a cs rep that said that they were "Pay Anywhere transaction fees for transactions from last month" (meaning May). I informed them that I had no cc transactions last month... she then said, "Oh, these appear to be fees for transactions from May of 2014" (A year ago!?!)... I was told that they just had not deducted them from the deposits into my account back then and they were doing it now.
I told them that I was declining the transaction via my bank and that the charge would be reversed as I had not authorized it, nor had I seen ANY statement, email, mailed notice, etc. that they were planning to do this and had screwed up. I have since today gotten an emailed copy of some statement and a computer screen shot with a note done on it with Microsoft Paint Shop (professional right? lol) from back then which means nothing to me.
The statement and screenshot do not show any fees that should have been taken out that weren't, so as far as I am concerned, they have no recourse... I can't go back to a customer after a year and say "Oh, sorry, I forgot to charge you for something so I'm going to do it now"... much less, just go ahead and charge their card on file... I am shocked and at a loss of what to do.
I feel it is their error and after a year, they need to just 'eat' it.
Many times I have received emails telling me "We miss you" No fees for your next $5000 in transactions (I don't have many cc transactions in a year).Any thoughts?
More Review Details
What I liked
- Low transaction fee
What I disliked
- Charged fees a year later
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Card Transaction
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I reported my card lost on 9/19/15 and automative phone service said 2 weeks for delivery. I called back and spoke to a person. They were supposed to expedite the..."
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- "To Whom It May Concern: GE Capital Retail & Pay Pal continues to lie about funds taken out of my account. They have also started putting accounts overdue TWO days..."
- "Here is what we ordered, here is what we got...NO vase, clearly not the same. Tried to contact the company numerous ways, no responses. We tried to email, go through..."
- "Wanted to ascertain how much it would be to add a day to our upcoming trip. First tried to use the "we will call you back and you won't lose..."
- "I bought some Chips Ahoy Chunky from walmart. I always liked chips ahoy until today. The batch i got today was burnt and it tasted burnt. They just don't taste..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."