Through no fault of my own, I recently had a charge from (Global Payments) for approximately $140 .I spent over 2 hours on the phone tracking the unauthorized charge.
I finally got through to a cs rep that said that they were "Pay Anywhere transaction fees for transactions from last month" (meaning May). I informed them that I had no cc transactions last month... she then said, "Oh, these appear to be fees for transactions from May of 2014" (A year ago!?!)... I was told that they just had not deducted them from the deposits into my account back then and they were doing it now.
I told them that I was declining the transaction via my bank and that the charge would be reversed as I had not authorized it, nor had I seen ANY statement, email, mailed notice, etc. that they were planning to do this and had screwed up. I have since today gotten an emailed copy of some statement and a computer screen shot with a note done on it with Microsoft Paint Shop (professional right? lol) from back then which means nothing to me.
The statement and screenshot do not show any fees that should have been taken out that weren't, so as far as I am concerned, they have no recourse... I can't go back to a customer after a year and say "Oh, sorry, I forgot to charge you for something so I'm going to do it now"... much less, just go ahead and charge their card on file... I am shocked and at a loss of what to do.
I feel it is their error and after a year, they need to just 'eat' it.
Many times I have received emails telling me "We miss you" No fees for your next $5000 in transactions (I don't have many cc transactions in a year).Any thoughts?
More Review Details
What I liked
- Low transaction fee
What I disliked
- Charged fees a year later
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Card Transaction
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Pay Pal GE Capital Retail Bank EBAY Reports on Transaction Details that you made more net profit then you actually earned. "Example" $91.96 is the net they have you..."
- "I've had my NetSpend account for well over 2 years now. My direct deposit from work goes into this account as well as my tax refund deposit. I recently decided..."
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "I have used Vectra for 5 years on my Lab mix and my late Catahoula and it worked great on both. I spend a great deal of time outdoors..."
- "We followed everything they told us to do and answered all the questions that were asked. They sent out a gentleman to inspect the floor but he had everything in..."
- "This company is impossible to deal with. The duvet cover I received looked nothing like the photo on their website. I sent photos and emailed for at least two weeks..."